Friday, October 2, 2009

Similar Opportunity! Private Franchise Independent Business Owner

Here is an excerpt (to the best of my ability) of a quick "Opportunity Knocks" example.

"Opportunity knocks more than once, but you got to open the door to take advantage of the possibilities.  Sometimes I am that opportunity, but I was still unsure of how to present this to my friends and other prospects. You see I wanted to make sure that my friends (in the future) did not "have a leg to stand on" later when they asked "how come you didn't give me the opportunity to decide if I wanted in or not?" So, I stressed over how to approach my valued friends BUT the need to move on was growing. So I knocked on my friend, Joseph's door, and I proceeded to introduce him to my business opportunity. Of course, he declined...but my future is taking shape.  I learned from his and my other friend's "polite, understanding, sympathetic NOs".  We are all great friends still hanging and for those who already said NO, that was it. No further discussion to persuade.  The 50-year old business system  foundation is RESPECT.

So I had to analyze what may have been wrong with my approach, and discovered the possibility was that THEY WERE ALREADY IN A COMFORT ZONE...THEY HEARD THE KNOCK BUT ONLY SAW ME THREATENING THEIR COMFORT ZONE (for example, I already have a job, car, place to live...new business...hmmm).  So I change my approach. My new-low-tech approach involved a folding card table, two folding chairs, a curtain and some masking tape. Wait for it.... My technique to tape the curtain over the front of their door, then knock.  So what happened? I called Steve to let him know I was coming over to show him the business plan (as previously agreed). After I got there...I set up the card table and chairs, then taped the curtain over his door, knocked, took a seat at the table, when he opened the door and curtain, I SAID "Hey Steve, come on in and have a seat, got something to show you."  I like to believe that by Knocking, Inviting him out of his comfort zone Steve is now a successful team leader in this business.  I also BELIEVE that No is just another opportunity for me to seek another to learn how to grow my business long term.  You see their No's had help me become more confident and adapt more easily to change.  Like I said earlier we are all still friends, and we still hang out, still gather for occasions...we even added my place on the lake to the list of places to hang during the summer.  No, I respect them too much to approach them about joining Steve and I in the business, but the door (curtain) is open whenever they are ready."

Hey, Come On In! We Welcome You To The Business Partnership Which Can Reshape Your Future For Generations. Click Now and Make Sure To Request Your Personal Access.  Even If You Say "No This Is Not For Me", Then Forward The Link To Some Whose Future You Believe Could Benefit.  We Thank You For Your Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to updates Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!